Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Little Lady

Your little heart beats as I hold you safely in my arms, Your eyelids fluttering at the softest sound as your pacifier moves to the beat of your innocent dreams.

A single tears rolls down my cheek as I know our time together will be cut short. Soon I will leave and you will grow up, not knowing who I am when I return.

Looking down at your beautifully pale face, my heart breaks. All I can think of is the pain you'll someday have to endure; the boy that will break your heart, the girls that will crush your self esteem and those who will leave you.

But that's why I have to leave.

I won't let you fight through everything I had to. Even if it means leaving you for a little while, I'll do whatever I can to protect you from the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment